CasualityMS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CasualityMS

Forum for CasualityMS, free feel to chat about the server and other stuff here!

+3
Eric
Bleach
[Admin]iRyahn
7 posters

Professions, I think you'll like this!

[Admin]iRyahn
    [Admin]iRyahn
    Admin

Professions, I think you'll like this! Empty Professions, I think you'll like this!

Post  [Admin]iRyahn Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:03 am

I got the idea first by looking at the backround of the forums and thought it would be cool to add basically what KMS has. Obviously it would be more nooby since well, we are v75 and have 1 noob coder. Anyways I chatted with Diviniel about the idea and he gave some really nice ideas and together we came up with something real cool that i'm excited to add to the server!

Professions!
    At level 10 everybody will have the choice to turn into 1 of the 5 professions. Each profession has it's own perks and downfall. So introducing to you, the professions. If you don't understand them, view them as a second class in a way.

Hunter - The profession based around killing monsters. Your master will assign quests to kill a certain amount of monsters, once you complete his requesthe will reward you genrously with EXP and other useful items, in some cases Tailor's and Blacksmith's will rely on you as you will be rewarded with item's they'll need to create Timeless weapons on higher end missions.

Fisherman - The profession based around kickin' back and fishing all day. Your master will assign you to fetch him some fish, so you'll head off to the bay and sit in your little fisherman's seat and fish away. Once you've gathered enough fish you'll hand them in and receive a nice hunk of EXP and some other useful items.

Alchemist
    - The profession based around making potions, obviously. Your master will teach you recipes on how to make everything from morphing potions to
    helpful healing potions or even potions with attack bonuses!

Weapon Forger (Blacksmith)
    - The profession based around crafting weapons. Your master will teach you the way of crafting- he'll model you to be a great Blacksmith.
    Blacksmith's can create many exclusive weapons to just their profession that nobody else can obtain, as well as the saught after Timeless weapons.

Equipment Forger (Tailor) - The profession based around crafting equipment. Your much like the Blacksmith class but much more prefer to craft equipment then weapons.
    Tailor's can create many saught after items as well, such as Timeless equips or equips that may be hard to find; or even impossible to find.

Treasurer - This profession is based on scrolling and buffs. You job is to gain rare item drops and use them to create really nice things, persay a 100% scroll with the effect of a 60% one! Of course it won't be easy. This class also can turn lower class scrolls into higher ones, for example 3 10%s could be made into a 30%.

Chair Profession (Open to name suggestion rofl) - This profession is based around crafting chairs. Not much to say about these guys except that they can rake in some serious money for their bigger crafting projects!

Basically Hunter's fight monsters like I said and in return get EXP and some other rewards I haven't decided on yet, Fisherman are the same way. Fisherman however will get their own map they can fish in and have chances to real in some nice things. The Forgers and Alchemist are basically all the same in the sense they would be like the 'Maker' skill in a way. At each profession level you can make certain items, and the more items you make the more exp you gain for your profession. Alchemist would obviously make potions, with the ability to somewhat easily make Onyx Apples for some nice profit as well as Morphing potions for fun. Forgers could make Timeless Equips/Weapons - which i've decided to make exclusive to them meaning that you won't be getting these items from donating anymore which was my original idea.

So ya, all these professions will level up upon completion of either quests or crafting, the higher level you are the harder it gets but you also be given a bigger reward for completing these tasks.

I will add this but it will take time, feel free to suggest things but at the moment the idea is pretty solid in my eyes. I also will release new professions down the road (like after these first 5 are released).
    Bleach
    Bleach

Professions, I think you'll like this! Empty Re: Professions, I think you'll like this!

Post  Bleach Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:44 am

Well regarding the name of the Chair one you could have Chairmaker, Bodger or Joiner, all of which are actually names of the profession of making chairs. Or cabinetmaker if you really desire it.

I guess with this being implemented there would be no need for maker skill? And I do like this idea Smile
    [Admin]iRyahn
    [Admin]iRyahn
    Admin

Professions, I think you'll like this! Empty Re: Professions, I think you'll like this!

Post  [Admin]iRyahn Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:45 am

Yeah I have no desire to make Maker now as it'd only ruin a few professions in a way. Talked about Bodger last night but man idk all these chair names sounds retarded lmao. Anyways I'll rewrite this all and add a few more ideas when i'm done coding some more important things for the server, really excited to start coding this though but i'll have to get through a few other things first. );
    Eric
    Eric

Post  Eric Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:46 am

i kinda like it but i think it would be to easy unless u made it really hard xd
    Bleach
    Bleach

Post  Bleach Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:11 pm

To be honest this would make our server insanely unique in the fact that it's more KMS like than gMS like (until the chaos update).

And personally I'm keen on 3 of these occupations as it stands Smile

I also doubt that it will be easy to do any of this. I'm thinking that you might need 100+ of etc items to make certain things (unless tailor and blacksmith are like maker skill which means you still need 100 etc to make 1 crystal) but I'm sure that Ryahn has it worked out to some degree.
    [Admin]iRyahn
    [Admin]iRyahn
    Admin

Post  [Admin]iRyahn Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Yeah i'm not sure how you came across the idea this would be remotely easy. If I went into detail I think you'd understand more but you'll have to wait 'till I actually start coding it to actually see how it is.

You don't just join a profession, make the best thing possible in an instant and bam. It's nothing like that.
    Diviniel
    Diviniel

Post  Diviniel Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Just to add to Ryahns post, all of the crafting professions will be hard to level up (no doubt). Gathering the materials itself will be tricky as the locations to most of it will be hidden and the players would have to find it themselves.
    YES players would get rich when they craft a really rare item but they would have to do all the effort to get their professions to a level alllowing them to create the item(s). We've managed to balance out the professions so that they're all top of their own way, but most importantly they'll all be fun ^^.
    Jenner
    Jenner

Post  Jenner Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:07 am

I like this idea. Especially the fisherman Razz
    As I see this project as a hard work to code, I got a question:
    Will you code this and finish it before the opening or will you be coding it while the server is up?
    Diviniel
    Diviniel

Post  Diviniel Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Jenner wrote:I like this idea. Especially the fisherman Razz
    As I see this project as a hard work to code, I got a question:
    Will you code this and finish it before the opening or will you be coding it while the server is up?

Someone probably already answered that for you, but just to let everyone know. The professions will be coded after the server release.
    [Admin]iRyahn
    [Admin]iRyahn
    Admin

Post  [Admin]iRyahn Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Yeah, what Diviniel said.

I'll only start coding them once everything is out of the way AKA the server is released. Then I will code a few professions first and probably release 3 or 4 at first just so I can get them out there in a relatively quick time, then I'd add the rest.

This will be fun, no doubt. (:
    Bleach
    Bleach

Post  Bleach Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 pm

This is gonna be kinda off topic but after having a read through Spadow's Blog, regarding professions, I'm actually quite keen to see what the difference between Ryahn's version and the gMS version will be. Obviously they won't be the same but I like how it adds a new dimension to the game (other than just leveling up and questing all the time and boss hunting for the higher leveled pros). Oh and the lvl 140 Pirate overall looks fucking hot pirat

And also regarding the Tailor job, will they be able to make Accessories as well as general Equips? or will it just be Equips. And I assume Blacksmiths will be able to make shields?
    Neko
    Neko

Post  Neko Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Hmm...interesting o-o but...XD I don't know hahaha It's just interesting :3
    I'd like to be a hunter if this does get successfully coded in *-*!
    [Admin]iRyahn
    [Admin]iRyahn
    Admin

Post  [Admin]iRyahn Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Bleach wrote:This is gonna be kinda off topic but after having a read through Spadow's Blog, regarding professions, I'm actually quite keen to see what the difference between Ryahn's version and the gMS version will be. Obviously they won't be the same but I like how it adds a new dimension to the game (other than just leveling up and questing all the time and boss hunting for the higher leveled pros). Oh and the lvl 140 Pirate overall looks fucking hot pirat

And also regarding the Tailor job, will they be able to make Accessories as well as general Equips? or will it just be Equips. And I assume Blacksmiths will be able to make shields?

Me and Diviniel were actually chatting about one of these I think, anyways Tailor I thought it'd be cool if he could make a few nice Accessories at a higher level. Blacksmiths will be able to make Weapons/Shields and maybe even stars/bullets depending on how hax that is.
    Bleach
    Bleach

Post  Bleach Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:29 am

[Admin]iRyahn wrote:Me and Diviniel were actually chatting about one of these I think, anyways Tailor I thought it'd be cool if he could make a few nice Accessories at a higher level. Blacksmiths will be able to make Weapons/Shields and maybe even stars/bullets depending on how hax that is.

Well regarding stars, I'd say have it graduated (i.e. don't have low level characters making ilbis/cilbis/furies) but also don't make it insanely impossible to make them either. And it would be nice to see Accessories being made as well because I'm actually quite keen for the chaos patch in gMS after reading that Jewel Crafters (Accessory maker) can make some pretty neat stuff. I'll probably end up having mules for Alchemist and Blacksmith in gMS and my main as a Jeweler Razz
    Phenomenal
    Phenomenal

Post  Phenomenal Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 pm

My, opinion is I hate it. Really im not much of a fan on this kind of stuff i've play many high rate servers with this stuff and really it's not all that great.
    Bleach
    Bleach

Post  Bleach Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:16 am

Phenomenal wrote:My, opinion is I hate it. Really im not much of a fan on this kind of stuff i've play many high rate servers with this stuff and really it's not all that great.

As I understand it, it won't be like the high rate occupations, but rather like the KMS Profession system that came out with the Chaos patch. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:18 pm